Our Hearts Are Broken

Our Hearts are Broken

This will be a short post, because I need to put words together, but don't really know what to say.   

My grandfather has passed on from this world into his eternal home.

By my great-grandmother's accounts, he was a precocious child. I always particularly loved the story of him getting into some mischief and Grandma chasing him around the bed, saying, "Don't let me catch you!" and him yelling back, "I'm trying not to, Mama."  

He grew up and saw the world as a member of the US Navy during the Korean War. He was very proud of and humbled by his service.  By the time, I came along, he was Rev. Jack R. Weaver. But my favorite title is "Paw Paw".

Oh, how many people he must have brought to salvation! We can rejoice in that.

He managed to live several lifetimes in one. I always said he and his brother Bernard were real renaissance men. My second son looks just like a teenage version of him.

While his miracle was not to be found this side of heaven, we know that he is now free of pain and that will be a comfort to us as we try to find our footing  in the time to come. 

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to cover us in them. Our hearts are broken.




Comments

Popular Posts