Ahem...

So...long time, no see.  It sure is nice to get back to the blog.  If you were here, I'd hug your neck and kiss your cheek.  That's how we roll in the south.  Things have been very busy around here.  For those who are unaware, we found out in October that we are expecting Baby #4.  We've never found out the sex of the baby before, but Mighty B begged asked if we would this time and we agreed.  Baby #4 is a GIRL.  A girl!  I still can't fathom it, although I guess I better start fathoming it, because she'll be here in about 9 weeks.  Holy guacamole!
I have lots of cakes to post.  That's coming.  I promise.  It's in writing, so I have to do it (or I have to delete this post).  ;-)
Home improvement projects have been put on hold, for the most part.  This pregnancy has not been kind to me.  I had horrible nausea and heartburn, then my pregnancy-induced sciatica kicked in.  Compensating for that, I pulled my groin.  Rolling over in bed at night is so painful that it actually wakes me up.  Not that I'm doing a lot of rolling over at this point.  I'm pretty sure that it's like watching a beached whale try to get back into the water.
Just before we found out that we were expecting, I had this crazy idea to repaint the living room and hallway.  I loved, loved, LOVED the basil green color (Dutch Boy Dry Basil N023) during the winter.  I hate it now that it's so sunny and warm outside.  It cozied up the room but now it feels oppressive.  I'm currently on the prowl for a new paint color and think I've found it.  I'll repaint after Baby Girl arrives and let you know how it goes.  At that same time, we also installed board and batten wainscoting.  I promise you, it's how you spell LOVE.  It's still unfinished (see list of pregnancy complaints), but when we get it finished, I'll post a tutorial and photos of the finished project. 
What else?  Ummmmm...oh.  We're about to wrap up the school year.  Can I get an "AMEN" from the choir?  As soon as we're finished, I'll post reviews of our curriculum.  Some things have been great...some things have been eh.  I didn't thoroughly despise anything though.
And I think that's it for now.  Until next time... 


Peace and Love,
Jen
AKA The Mommy

Comments

Popular Posts