Racetrack Cake

My cousin's son is turning 2 and they've asked me to do a car-themed cake for his birthday.  His sweet grandmother (my aunt) drove 3.5 hours one way just to pick up the cake!  The cake we decided upon is a racetrack cake.

Racetrack Cake

The flavors are yellow and chocolate pound cakes with butter cream fillings and covered and decorated in marshmallow fondant.
Close-up of the in-field (is that what you call it??).
The crowd is simply candy sprinkles.  The hubs said that from now on when he looks at an aerial view of a sporting event, he'll think of sprinkles!  The tiny cars are hand-made of gumpaste.
The view from the side.
I knew that I wanted the cake to look like a checkered flag.  We even carved in the sides a bit to look like a waving flag.
We all loved it and hope that he does too!  Happy birthday, Jr.!

Peace and Love, Jen

Comments

Popular Posts