Tori's Birthday Cake

Tori's mom requested a Halloween themed birthday cake.  I suggested a haunted house.  Barry and I sketched this cake out the other day, we determined that it should be wonky.  Everything should be crooked, the shutters should be falling off, the grass should be tall, etc.  It's the wonky part that got me.   Tori's birthday cake quickly became"The Hardest Cake Ever (said in my best announcer voice)."  For me anyway.   If you know me personally, then you know that I have some, uh, let's call them issues.  My sister would say "OCD tendencies". I don't do crooked or wonky.  It makes me feel as though I'm breaking out in hives.  About halfway through it, I thought I might just scrap the whole idea and make a perfectly straight haunted house.  Surely there are OCD ghosts out there who would live in perfectly straight house, right?  Anyone? 
Eh, well.  Barry was right.  The house did need to be wonky.  Gah.  I still wasn't sure until I added the tall vines climbing up the side of the house.  Then I loved it.  It's so cute.  Definitely haunted house in that whole non-scary kind of way. 
The cake was yellow cake with purple and orange swirls throughout with vanilla buttercream frosting.  The cake was covered in marshmallow fondant and decorated in a combination of marshmallow fondant and colored buttercream.  The ghosts and bats are made of gumpste.


Peace and Love, Jen

Comments

Popular Posts