Taking a Bite

D turned 4 months old on November 11!   I consider this a miracle milestone, since living with three older brothers isn't exactly easy.  Especially when you consider that one of them is almost 3 and has a crazy need to hug her multiple times of day in that typical 3 year old "hug until I tackle you" fashion.  I spend a fair portion of my day saying things like "Easy!  Easy!", "Slow your roll!", "Be gentle!", "She's sleeping!", and "Get off of your sister before you squish her guts out!"  Occasionally, I go for the dramatic effect!
But back to D.  Four months in our family generally marks the introduction of solid foods!  You can read more about introducing solids by clicking here and reading the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics.  We go in this order:  cereals, vegetables, fruits, meats, combinations.  So, D got a bowl of rice ceral for breakfast this morning.  I'll let the pictures tell the story!

D is having a pre-breakfast snack of bib and thumb.  You know to hold her over in the 4 seconds it took for me to snap this picture.  ;-)

After the first bite.  She's looking at me like, "What in the world is this?  And where is my bottle?"

3 bites into it and D still looks like she's trying to decide if this is going to be acceptable or not.  I'm waiting on the princess seal of approval at this point!

And...she likes it!  She really likes it!  And she wants to thank...oh wait.  Wrong speech.  Um...she actually did like it!  Her enthusiasm could probably be best described as "piranha after fresh meat" anytime the spoon would get close to her mouth.
 
Shout out to best baby feeding helper.  A did a great job...of telling me how gross she looked with cereal on her face.  HA HA!  He was waiting for me to clean her up so that he could give her one of those tackle type hugs I talked about earlier.

Full belly = happy princess!

And so we add another eater to the table!

Peace and Love, Jen

Comments

Popular Posts