On Being Strong

I rarely write anything deep or meaningful.  I don't like to put myself out there for ridicule, so I play some things pretty close to the vest.  I've been through a lot in my life (that I'm not particularly comfortable talking about) and in 2008, I came to an impasse in life.  The proverbial "fork in the road" if you will, where I had to decide how I wanted to live my life.   I found a quote by Erma Bombeck that read,


At that point, I decided that I wanted to make the most of the time I have here on this planet, that I wanted my kids and my husband to have the best of me, and that at the end of my life I wanted to be able to stand before God and know that I had thoroughly used whatever resources he'd give me to use. 
This morning, I posted a status update of something that had been on my heart for a while now.  A friend messaged me and told me that I should save it for posterity on my blog...just in case I ever had to pull it out of a hat again down the road and that perhaps one day, someone who was struggling with their own life would benefit from this.

"I guess it's time to go off on a tangent--I will never understand why people who are so miserable in their own lives feel the need to try to make other people just as miserable. I don't live my life that way. I've forgiven people and situations that other people wouldn't have and I've let grudges go that other people would have hung on to. I'm not saying this to "toot my own horn", I'm just saying that I'm not always happy or agreeable. But I am beyond blessed. And I haven't forgiven and let things go for the other person, I've done it for me. I can't live with that kind of poison in my life. You decide what portion of your soul you choose to feed. I choose not to feed the one that would make me petty, miserable, spiteful, or cruel. I believe that every 60 seconds of my life that I spend in that frame of mind is a minute of my life that I've wasted. Being this way doesn't mean I'm weak. It means I'm strong enough to be the better person.
Okay, so I suppose this concludes this rant. Have a blessed day. ♥"


And I hope that if you're reading this from my blog that you have a blessed day as well!

Peace and Love,
Jen

Comments

Popular Posts