The Pinterest Challenge--Holiday Edition

By now, my love of Pinterest is well known.  I actually try to do some of the projects that I pin, but I realize that I'm in the minority there.  But why?  Most aren't hard.  Heck, most of the time there are even tutorials to help you out.  I think it's a motivation thing.  It's easy to sit at the computer in your pajamas and pin things while you sip on a cup of coffee (which I may or may not be doing at this very moment!!) but actually getting up and doing it...eh...not so much.
My sister Jamie and my cousin's fiance' Rachel are also proficient pinners who like to do the projects they pin.  So I had this idea.  What if we turned Christmas this year into a handmade affair?  What if we pinned something, made it, and then gifted it?  Cray cray, right?  I kind of thought they'd give me that whole, "Girl, you've lost your mind" look, but they didn't!  They jumped right on board!  So we're going to be handmaking Christmas gifts and decor items this year!
Now...your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create at least one holiday gift or decoration from something you've pinned on Pinterest.  Just one.  It doesn't have to be a verbatim copy.  It can just be used as inspiration (I like those best anyway!).  Then I want you to photograph your project and send me the photo as well as the original pin.  You can send it via Facebook or email (follow the link on the sidebar).  That's it. The photos will go live on my blog after January 1, 2013.  Join us?

Disclaimer:  We are in no way affiliated with Pinterest.  I'm just a girl who likes to pin and craft.


Happy pinning AND accomplishing!

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts