Election 2012

Believe it or not, this post is not about who was or was not elected.  It's about you.  And me.
First off, let me just say that I've heard some of the most rude things during this election time from both sides.  Facebook has been a cesspool of political feuding.  I don't mean a discussion of political beliefs and the merits or candidates either.  I mean full on verbal assaults.  Name calling.  Verbal abuse.  Threats.  It was really the most insane thing I've ever witnessed.  It's one thing to be passionate.  It's another thing to be a bully.

I had this verse so heavily on my heart yesterday and achingly so today.  "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14.  If you are a Christian in this country, regardless of who you voted for, I believe that God is calling his people into revival.  It's time for us to hit our knees and humble ourselves before our Creator.  Literally folks.  When is the last time you went to your knees, on your face, humbled before Him in sincere prayer and cried out to God?  If this election was the only time you've done it, then folks, we've got problems.  We've become a nation of entitlement.  We as Christians have turned our backs to God and stopped seeking His will and operating under our own agendas.  It's time for our churches--OUR CHRISTIANS--to hit our knees and pray for the Lord to send revival! 

"But Jen.  I'm not a Christian.  So this doesn't apply to me."  WRONG!  (And I'm praying for you, just so you know.)   Keep reading.  I'm on a roll this morning.

So here's the thing.  Obama is president for four more years.  That either thrills you or sickens you.  If people would take just half of the energy they put into their Facebook political posturing and used that to serve their community, it would start an avalanche of kindness.  The greatness of this country was built on the backs of the people, not on the backs of politicians.  So take your excitement or your fury and DO SOMETHING WITH IT!  No, that doesn't mean sitting around and grumbling and complaining because your guy didn't win.  It also doesn't mean resting on your laurels because your guy did win.  It means taking conscious positive steps toward improving your community.

My prayers are with President Obama.  I pray that he uses these four years in a way that is beneficial to its citizens.  I pray that he also seeks God's will for his life and this country.  I know who holds my future though.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." ~ Psalm 28:7

Peace and love,
Jen

Comments

Popular Posts